Signs to Make That Call to Your Local Appliance Repair Experts
Homeownership involves many important things. Maintaining functional appliances is one of those things. When you are used to them working, you don’t tend to give much thought to what it’s like when they aren’t working. However, when there is a problem, it can quickly become the top thing on your mind.
Knowing when to call a repair person for an appliance issue is important, but at the same time, often shrouded in confusion. So when should you call, and when is it a waste of time. Here are some pointers we hope will shed some more light on the subject.
You Should Call Your Local Appliance Repairman if:
- your washing machine is regularly wobbling, jerking or moving when in operation. This is often a balance issue that when not corrected, can lead to a whole array of other issues.
- you smell any kind of atypical “burnt” smell around an appliance. Even a fleeting scent that smells like fire should always be checked out. Such smells are not normal.
- you find unexplained moisture anywhere around appliance. It’s best to pursue any signs of moisture with a sense of urgency. Moisture on surrounding walls or floors, or even coming off of an appliance needs immediate attention.
- you notice lint around dryer. The sudden onset of lint around the dryer can point to a problem with the associated ductwork. This can be serious, and should be checked.
- you detect general malfunctions. Maybe a knob has stopped working or a feature doesn’t work the way it used to. Perhaps the appliance has stopped working altogether. These symptoms all warrant a call for help.
- you hear foreign electrical sounds. A professional should always investigate any unusual electrical sounds, hums, buzzes, or other electrical sounds as soon as possible.
In conclusion, no matter what your concern may be, please feel free to call us anytime. No call is too small, too large, too silly, or too serious. We are the leading area provider of professional appliance repairs and services including washing machine repair, dryer repair, refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers, and much more. Bring us your concerns, and we will bring you a solution. Give Dave’s Appliance Service a call today at (262) 253-2200.