Why Your Refrigerator Keeps Running
Keeping your appliances in good working order is essential to ensure that you can manage your responsibilities effectively. Your family depends on your washer and dryer, dishwasher, stove and refrigerator to deal with everyday activities. Your refrigerator is especially important for your family as a way to store perishable food safely. If your refrigerator is running continuously, it may be time to seek help from a professional Milwaukee refrigerator repair specialist.
Why Your Refrigerator May Be Running Overtime
A few issues can cause your refrigerator to run almost all the time:
* Inadequate clearance between your condensing coils and the wall can lead to heat buildup in this area, reducing the efficiency of your refrigerating unit and causing near-continual operation.
* If you have just loaded your refrigerator and freezer with food, it may take longer for it to bring these items down to the appropriate temperature. This is usually a temporary problem and should not be a cause for alarm.
* Your thermostat may not be functioning properly, causing your refrigerator to work harder to maintain the desired temperature. In some cases, setting the thermostat too high can produce similar results and can reduce the effectiveness of your refrigerator in chilling food.
* Newly installed refrigerators can take as long as 48 hours to reach the desired temperatures inside. During this time, your refrigerator may run on a nearly continuous basis.
* If temperatures inside your home rise to uncomfortable levels, your refrigerator may require additional run cycles to compensate for the heat indoors and to keep your food cold.
* Dirty or damaged condenser coils are the most common culprit for refrigerators that run all the time. Because your refrigerator depends on clean, properly functioning coils to dissipate heat and create a cold environment inside, even a small amount of dirt or dust can have a surprisingly large effect on the energy efficiency of your refrigerator.
Calling a Milwaukee refrigerator repair expert at the first sign of trouble can help you maintain the proper function of this important appliance.
Regular Maintenance Can Extend the Life of Your Refrigerator
Scheduling an annual visit from your local appliance repair specialist can help you and your family to ensure that your refrigerator stays in peak operating condition. Your Milwaukee refrigerator repair professional can clean and examine coils, check the operation of your thermostat and provide you with the right repair solutions to resolve any issues you may be experiencing. This can help you prolong the useful life of your refrigerator and can ensure the healthiest, freshest foods for you and your family.
At Dave’s Appliance Service, we offer expert maintenance and repair solutions for customers throughout the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, area. Our company has almost 50 years of experience in providing the best in appliance care and repairs. We are a family-owned and operated business and employ factory-trained and certified technicians to ensure the best results for you. Give us a call today at 262-253-2200 to schedule an appointment for repairs or maintenance. Our team is eager to serve all your appliance repair needs.